Ricky Nelson graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School where he was a Deans Fellow. Following graduation, Mr. Nelson acceptable an associate position with the Okura and Associates, Hawaii’s largest estate planning law firm. Here he handled simple and complex estate planning, asset protection, and Medicaid planning before moving back to Utah to take a position as an estate planning attorney at Hirschi Steele & Baer. He later took a position at Spaulding Law and continued his practice in estate planning. In January 2018 Mr. Nelson acceptable a position with The Rudd Firm where he continues to continues to specialize in all areas of estate planning and asset protection.
Mr. Nelson's practice includes anything from simple wills to complex multi-million-dollar trusts. He is among the top attorneys in the State of Utah specializing in estate planning and related fields. Mr. Nelson also served in the United States Marine Corps.
- Estate Planning
- Wills & Trust
- Medicaid Planning
- Asset Protection for Individuals & Businesses
- 2010, J.D., Brigham Young University, Magna Cum Laude
- 2006, B.A., Utah Valley University, Magna Cum Laude
- 2007, Utah
- Mountain States Rising Star, 2016 Super Lawyer Magazine
- Top 40 Under 40 Estate Planning Attorneys 2017 and 2016 by The National Advocates
- Recognized as one of the top three law students in the country in the Law Student Writing Contest sponsored by the American Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section in 2010
- Author, BYU Law Review
- Inverse Condemnation Actions Present Unique Problems When Determining "Just Compensation" published in the 2010 06 issue of the BYU Law Review
- Send an email to email@example.com