BRUCE M. PRITCHETT
Mr. Pritchett has 25 years of legal experience, primarily in litigation. For six consecutive years (2012-2017), Mr. Pritchett has been named to the Utah Legal Elite (civil litigation or personal injury categories), and he earned the 2012 Eisenberg, Gilchrist & Cutt Trial Advocacy Award for excellence in trial work.
Mr. Pritchett served as a judicial extern for Judge John C. Coughenour in the US District Court for the Western District of Washington, then worked as a judicial clerk for Chief Judge George T. Shields of the Washington State Court of Appeals.
He has frequently lectured at seminars for the National Business Institute, the Utah Association for Justice, and IBI International.
He has been instrumental in obtaining results at trial or in settlement including the following:
- $50 million equity line preserved from court stay: SEC v. National Stock Transfer, case no. 2:11-cv-798 (D. Utah 2011)
- $11 million judgment: US ex rel. Leitner v. Spier, case no. 11-00385 (D.D.C. 2014).
- $10 million+ London investment company: confidential settlement with SEC.
- $1.2 million settlement in medical malpractice case (confidential, 2014).
- $1.1 million fraud case settled for confidential amount: Askari v. Nationwide Life Ins., L.A. County Superior Court, case no. BC439581.
- $1.0 million settlement in trucking accident case (confidential, 1996)
- $210,000 settlement in food contamination case (confidential, 2011).
- $182,000 jury verdict in personal injury case: Hart v. Alpine CC, case no. 080401878.
- Won reversal of fee award on appeal: Martin v. Rasmussen, 2014 UT App 200.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Business Torts
- Business Litigation
- 1992, J.D., University of Washington (Editor, Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal; Moot Court Bd.)
- 1990, FLAS Fellowship, Stanford University (Chinese language study)
- 1989, B.A., cum laude, Brigham Young University (Kimball Scholar, National Merit Scholar)
- 1993, Washington (inactive)
- 1994, Utah
Professional Associates and Activities
- Utah State Bar Litigation Section
- Utah State Bar Solo & Small Firm Section (CLE Director)
- Utah State Bar (Model Utah Jury Instruction Committee for Insurance Law)
- Utah Association for Justice (Silver Eagle Member, Legislative Committee Member)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org